Rescuing a software project
As a software house with over 16 years of experience, we are aware of the challenges you may face when developing a software project – and that, unfortunately, those software projects often fail. This is when rescuing a software project becomes vital.
This page is for you if you want to:
- learn what you can do if your project is failing,
- see what’s the process of rescuing a software project,
- check if we can be the right partner for you.
If you feel like your software project is not going according to plan, we can review it, find the issues, propose solutions, and implement them.
There can be many reasons as to why you may feel a software project has failed:
Every project to be considered successful must be delivered on time, within the agreed budget, and deliver the quality you need.
In short, there can be issues during the development phase, or after the launch of the solution, and both can affect your business. Our role is to help you identify where is the problem and create a plan to overcome it.
What is the process of rescuing a software project?
We conduct a Discovery Call – to assure that there is proper communication and understanding. During the call our Rescue Project Manager will ask you questions to learn about you, your project, and your business goals. We want to identify at which point in the development you are, what could be the issue and what are your desired results.
Optionally, we offer Code Audits during which we examine the architecture and tech stack, conduct vulnerability scanning, and perform code quality, performance, and scalability checks.
After our discovery sessions we identify and define what can be the problem and offer preliminary advice. We are transparent with our customers; we can realistically tell you what can and cannot be done. At this point, we will prepare a work plan, present what we can achieve, and how do we plan to do it.
Now, we make the plan happen. Our experts will help you finish your project step-by-step, according to our plan. We conduct testing, vulnerability scans, and identify all the issues at hand. We work according to the CI/CD pipeline, meaning continuous development, testing, production, and monitoring, to make sure
you get an improved software and high-quality code.
- We have experience in rescuing a software project for companies within insurance, banking, and healthcare industries. We have conducted rescue missions before which allowed our customers to be finally satisfied with their software solutions.
- We can quickly jump in on every step of your current project – no matter if its ideation phase, writing code, or an already launched solution. We are experts with over 16 years of experience in software development and we have multiple case studies that show what you can achieve with the use of our services.
- Our approach is to work on what has already been done, not to halt your project and start anew. You can be sure that we will not tell you we have to start your project from zero and write completely new code – unless the code is very bad, of course; however, we did not encounter such bad situation before.
- We will always leave your code in a better shape than what it was. We understand how crucial it is to have a good, documented code. We are using industry standards and strongly believe in documentation as a code (DaC) so it does not get outdated. Your processes will be fully automated as we code everything we can, from Infrastructure as a Code, Pipelines, Configuration, and Deployment, making it easier to hand over.
- During rescue missions our main goal is to achieve your business goals and minimize your risk. We take on rescue projects because we want our customers to succeed, grow their business, and be finally satisfied with their solution.
We would love to share our customers stories and show how we have helped them overcome their problems with their projects; however, we are aware that not everyone wants to openly mention that something regarding their business was not going according to plan and needed fixing.
That is why, instead of sharing our case studies, to give you an example we will share a short description of some of our rescue missions:
Integration of video
- Unfortunately, not every IT expert realizes that real-time video integration is a very complex issue. There are a lot of things to consider, such as: network stack, infrastructure, etc. We are experts in video solutions, having developed our own video solution Video In Person as an example, so we were able to take over the project and deliver the quality our customer needed.
Know-how of global operations
- The company had developers and an ongoing local project that they wanted to go global with. They needed someone with technical skills and the knowledge on how to operate globally with more clients, to help them with the whole process and minimize the risk of the project failing. This rescue mission turned into a long-term partnership and many new projects we are working on to this day.
- One of our customers had to deal with a software partner who did not communicate well, burned through their budget, and still did not deliver the project on time. By the time we were introduced, the project had already missed its initial deadline. We had to quickly take over the development and after 2 days of workshops we had agreed on the scope, requirements, budget and timeline and were ready to go.
Want to read more?
Why do so many enterprise companies struggle with finding a good Software Development Partner and how to fix it?
Need some help with your software project?
Leave your contact information and we will schedule a short call to discuss your situation and suggest an action planClick here to leave your info
Refer a friend, get rewarded
We welcome your recommendations. As a thank you, for every successful referral, we’ll award you based on your friend level of expertise.
Apply, join us
Want to embark on an adventure with Yameo? Whether you’re an experienced developer or you’re just taking your first steps in programming, we’ll be happy to help you grow and learn in our company.